Random Raiders notes on a Scorecard…
2010 Oakland Raiders Vs. San Diego Chargers
- The Rub… Darrius Heyward-Bey did have an impact, despite getting blanked again in that tisky receptions department. Bey executed a classic “rub” to free Jacoby Ford in the corner of the end zone for the fade. On a play that has killed Raiders secondary defenders for years, Heyward-Bey got just enough shoulder to take Donald Strickland out of the play.
- Pick N Rub… the difference between a pick and a rub in the NFL – getting caught.
- The Right Hue… absolutely brilliant playcalling by Hue Jackson, in what was his best called game as a Raider. MVC.
- 3rd & 1 rocks and the Raiders rolled… the options on this down and distance, which the Raiders seemed to be in all day against the Dolts, includes the Al Davis favorite: play action bomb. 3rd and 1, means the ground game is churning out yards…. for the Raiders it’s an “edge of your seat” down ala the 3-2-2 pitch in baseball.
- Willkommen Chazeray from Witness Protection… there was an official 2010 Chaz Schilens sighting (yes I did blink twice) against the Bolts. Schilens made his season debut after missing the first 11 games with foot and knee injuries. He played a handful of plays but couldn’t come up with the one ball thrown his way.
- Midget Bashing… the thump Rolando Mcclain laid on Darren Sproles. Best hit in a Raiders Chargers game since “Lights Out” took his injury prone steroid freak body to Buffalo…
- One friggin’ practice tough guy???… how long Shawn Merriman lasted with the Buffalo Bills before getting hurt. Lights Out will soon be left out, as in the cold chill of a 2-10 Buffalo December. Colder still when you realize that ‘roids have completely thrashed your overextended joints and tendons. We may all rejoice now that his “electrified butt-plug” sack dance thing is finally over.
- Spare the Women and Children… this latest Raiders haymaker had the Charger Girls — the Charger Girls! — being booed mercilessly by the home crowd at the 2-minute mark.
- The Winter Warclock Strikes… there is a special place in hell for Philly fans who booed Santa Claus and now cheer Michael Vick…
- Tucker Max Serves Philly Fans beer… two Yuenglings for Philadelphia fans Mr Max. A friend calls “Tucker Max” who plays the asshole of the century in “I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell,” the dream archetype for his very existence. His exploits as a Las Vegass local are legendary… now on his 47th job in 3 years and as many “new friends.” Living the Dream. Yipes.
- The Murph Still rocks South Oakland, CA… with no due respect to Qualcomm, and having seen more games at the “Murph” than any stadium outside of the Oakland Coliseum, I’m still amazed to see a stadium half full of Silver & Black. The fact that Charger season ticket holders routinely sell their tix to Raiders fans nauseates me. I’d literally flush Raiders tix into a Tijuana sewer before selling them to a guy in an LT #21 jersey. Have some pride San Diego… we own your stadium.
The Chargers (6-6) came in with the strut of a peacock. Winners of four straight and putting their late-season sprint into overdrive, the Chargers were to make this a slam dunk.
That this meltdown came with thousands of Raiders fans making themselves right at home, well, it doesn’t get much worse for the Dolts. “We know that coming here, half the place is ours, so it was great to get a win,” Raiders guard Robert Gallery said. Ouch…
- Passion counts, even if the Zebras throw Laundry… when Tom Cable gets the Raiders “dialed in,” they are able to overcome both turnovers and penalties. The frenzied attack of John Marshall and the creativity (and blunt nose object beatings in the run game) from Hue Jackson thrive when these 2010 Raiders cut it loose. Case in point: noted by Jerry Macdonald in todays Ibabuzz blog…
2010 Oakland Raiders Penalties and Won Loss Record:
Raiders have Less than 10 penalties = 0-4
Raiders have 10 or more penalties = 6-2
Raiders have More than 100 penalty yards = 3-1
- Hit ‘em again Regan Upshaw… Jerry Mac’s conclusion: we are much better when we play against the standard 11 on 15 configuration.
- World class random playcall “blurt” from 8 mile… was watching the game with a buddy who fancies himself the next white rapper, who after minutes of silence prior to the Raiders snap facing fourth-and-1 from the 9, blurts out “bootleg” and points to the left side of the Raiders line… he was still pointing as Campbell fooled the Chargers, the camera guy (the Sham-Wow camera guy no doubt) and everyone else on the planet not named Hue. Amazingly awesome.
- Totally Random Pimp-Ho Beatdown Minutae:… it is a little known fact that the oh so eloquent and persuasive Sham-Wow guy was arrested for battering a Hooker. The video is aptly titled “ShamWow Guy Beats Up Cannibal Hooker.” Take that red wine stain…
- Candid Campbell… “Watching Cam Newton at Auburn, I had to go back to my Auburn days and make some plays with my feet,” Campbell said. “That’s something that helps our team when I’m able to do things like that and put pressure on the defense.” But what does your dad think Jason?
- Campbell is Boomer Esiason… Jason Campbell’s play-fake to Marcel Reese was silky smooth. With a Boomer and “early” Chad Pennington worthy fake give up the middle to the fullback Reece, Campbell ran the naked bootleg left to perfection for an easy touchdown… a crazy fakeout, but Campbell was not nearly good as the shennanigans the kid in the video below pulled…
- and Carry a Bigass Stick… a notable difference between the Broncos and Chargers blowout Raiders victories??? Chris Johnson and Tommy Kelly STFU after this win, and let Richard Seymour wisely do their talking. Hopefully this is a sign of a team learning how to win, or maturing.
- Long live Turtle E … the Crunch Course crash test dummy Award goes to… Chargers safety Eric Weddle, who suffered a Sham-wow like beatdown of his own at the hands of the Raiders Thunder and Lightning duo. Darren Mcfadden turned (and returned, welcome back kid) an angry shoulder into Weddle for a TD, punishing him at the goal line. Michael Bush finished his battering ram 7-yard TD run by putting Weddle onto his backside again…