the “Fridge” is in bad shape… I patently reject your “I am a football fan” argument if you don’t agree that Mr. Perry and his big gap-toothed grin wasn’t a large part of a great era in the NFL.
classic pseudo-sports moment: the Fridge trades leather with Manute Bol… with the 7’7″ Bol using his 4,327 1/2″ reach to earn the decision. Anybody got video of this thrilla???
Rumor-mongering: Shanirat to coach the ‘skins… great plan Danny-boy… except for that little “you don’t have Elway” thing.
Crabtree to NFL GM’s: “I’m soooo much faster than the 40 I ran”… I’ll give him game speed (think Marcus Allen, Jerry Rice) and going up for the jump ball (awesome skills here!) but not flat out wheels.
the folks at raiderbeat.com listed a “studs-busts-average” list of Raider draft picks since 1995, with Leon Bender as a “forgettable selection” …as the annoying but strangely cute progressive insurance chick says to the lads in rainbow shirts “that’s cold.”
last time the Raiders went WR in the 1st round??? thinking…. very guessable…. … Timmy Brown in 1988.
Jerry McDonald asks “would we pass on Curry if he falls to #7?” … I’ll regurgitate our “swing for the fences” 1st round drafting preference last used when we took Mcfadden despite glaring needs… IF YOU ARE GOING TO PAY OBSCENE $$$, YOU MIGHT AS WELL TRY AND GET A SUPERSTAR. The answer Jerry, is f&%K no.
3-days out gut feelings… Curry slipping, or a “Cadillac” for Cable with manboobs and an Outland Trophy award.
Raiders News, Uncategorized
- both Bill Polians BFF Steve Lavin… err Kiper and Todd Mcshay have us taking either a 6’1″ gazelle named Maclin, or a 4’3″ munchkin, depending on who measured him. As always, the incredible shrinking machine/Stanley Tape measure at the combine shrunk Crabtree down an 1 - 3/4″ and Maclin to an eyebrow over six foot. One word… shrinkage.
- If the hair and Mcshay are right, wouldn’t it be easier for Dr. Evil (nod to Big Al detractors) to clone Johnny Lee Higgins instead… who now has almost IDENTICAL measurables.
- Understandable that guys get dinged up in this violent sport, but something about Maclin falling over at the combine in drills and staying down scares me.
- Sooooo wouldn’t be having this Crabtree/Maclin discussion at all if Javon Walker was “half the man he used to be” – Scott Weiland
- Memo to Javon: we really need you, Paul Hackett needs you. No golden champagne showers… put down the Cristal please. signed, Jamarcus
- We stand by our “in the trenches” draft preferences regardless.
- speaking of an “in the trenches” candidate mentioned at #7, Andre Smith continued the Skylab like descent of his good decision making… having shitcanned his agent yesterday. Yo Dan Snyder, we’ve got your guy.
- Rod Smith (like Biff Elway, a Donk that has earned our respect) thinks he should be in Canton. Great teammate and very good receiver, but if Cliff Branch isn’t worthy…
- Memo from Rod Smith to Brandon Marshall: take notice you cocky twit. respectfully, Rod.
- Speaking of Biff Elway, whose play and 4th quarter magic begrudgingly earned our respect. A part of me will always ding him as a sportsman for his “we really won the game, I played great” comments after Cal’s miracle marching band game.
- Ibabuzz says Michael x2, as in Bush and Huff might be draft day trade bait. No and maybe…
- Zach Thomas, a lifelong Raider fan, to the Chefs… guess that dream died right along with the Keyshawn in his prime one.
- Tony Gonzalez (whose father was tinkled upon at the HOT, thus the odds of him bookending with Zach Miller stand at approximately 347,234 -to- 1) cleared out his Chef locker amid trade reports… which leaves Michael Huff without his shining example.
Raiders News, Uncategorized