Raidergirls Fearless Rookie of the Year Predicition For 2010…
Lamarr Houston, Defensive End Oakland Raiders
Intensity from whistle-to-whistle, scrappy (led the OTA’s in camp fights), and a ”gargle my nutsack” worthy shout out to Mel Kiper, who insisted the Raiders must take pet project Jimmy “what teammates?” Clausen… Kiper has tucked tail recently and waffled with this paragraphed port of safety after ripping the Raiders 2010 draft…
The “new and improved” Kiper on Lamarr Houston: “Lamarr Houston: I’m honestly starting to think I really underrated this guy. I look at the measurables and in terms of combine tests, he’s better almost across the board than Gerald McCoy. But that’s just the athleticism. In terms of tackles for loss he also topped McCoy, playing a similar schedule in the Big 12. He has plenty of size at 6-3, 305 pounds to be a solid part of the Oakland 4-3. If this guy becomes a big impact player early in his career I’ll no longer be surprised. As I look back at what he did, it’s another reason to think I may have undersold what Oakland did in the draft. Houston could be a steal.”
What could be better for Raiders fans than this possible holy trifecta… 1) a godsend defensive end with intensity 2) proving Kipers hair knows more about talent than the douchebag sporting it 3) watching Al Davis smile each time Houston slugs the ambivalence out of Langston Walkers massive gut.
Guys like “little Saban” Rolando McClain are special because they have the ability to make those around them better. Should Lamarr Houston do what Richard Seymour could not in 2009, namely restoring a Howie Long type intensity to a once ferocious Raiders front four… the 2010 NFL Draft will be remembered as the day Kiper feasted on corn flakes of crap. Pass the coffee and doughnuts Raiders fans.
- both Bill Polians BFF Steve Lavin… err Kiper and Todd Mcshay have us taking either a 6’1″ gazelle named Maclin, or a 4’3″ munchkin, depending on who measured him. As always, the incredible shrinking machine/Stanley Tape measure at the combine shrunk Crabtree down an 1 - 3/4″ and Maclin to an eyebrow over six foot. One word… shrinkage.
- If the hair and Mcshay are right, wouldn’t it be easier for Dr. Evil (nod to Big Al detractors) to clone Johnny Lee Higgins instead… who now has almost IDENTICAL measurables.
- Understandable that guys get dinged up in this violent sport, but something about Maclin falling over at the combine in drills and staying down scares me.
- Sooooo wouldn’t be having this Crabtree/Maclin discussion at all if Javon Walker was “half the man he used to be” – Scott Weiland
- Memo to Javon: we really need you, Paul Hackett needs you. No golden champagne showers… put down the Cristal please. signed, Jamarcus
- We stand by our “in the trenches” draft preferences regardless.
- speaking of an “in the trenches” candidate mentioned at #7, Andre Smith continued the Skylab like descent of his good decision making… having shitcanned his agent yesterday. Yo Dan Snyder, we’ve got your guy.
- Rod Smith (like Biff Elway, a Donk that has earned our respect) thinks he should be in Canton. Great teammate and very good receiver, but if Cliff Branch isn’t worthy…
- Memo from Rod Smith to Brandon Marshall: take notice you cocky twit. respectfully, Rod.
- Speaking of Biff Elway, whose play and 4th quarter magic begrudgingly earned our respect. A part of me will always ding him as a sportsman for his “we really won the game, I played great” comments after Cal’s miracle marching band game.
- Ibabuzz says Michael x2, as in Bush and Huff might be draft day trade bait. No and maybe…
- Zach Thomas, a lifelong Raider fan, to the Chefs… guess that dream died right along with the Keyshawn in his prime one.
- Tony Gonzalez (whose father was tinkled upon at the HOT, thus the odds of him bookending with Zach Miller stand at approximately 347,234 -to- 1) cleared out his Chef locker amid trade reports… which leaves Michael Huff without his shining example.
Raiders News, Uncategorized