It would be unfair to not mention the incredible turnaround in Raiders ticketing from the OFMA era that we affectionately dub the “frozen- depths- of- hell- hath- no- fury- like- a- raider- fan- scorned- by- the- incredible- ineptitude- and- impotence- of- OFMA- circa- 2002- fucking- had- to- sell my- soul- to- the- devil- to- buy- a- superbowl- ticket- becuse- they- fucking- rigged- the- fax- machine- at- the- OFMA- office- to- not- reward- the- other- 38,999- PSL- season- ticket- holding- assclowns- like- myself- who- didn’t- fax- in- a- change- of- contact- form- which-seemed to-gurantee-a- regular-priced-ticket- only- to- go- down- to- san- diego- party- like- mad- people- at- the- gaslamp- amongst- the- impossibly- gay- bucccaneers- fans- and- shamu- having the- greatest- three- days- right up- and- until- the very- moment- we- woke- up- to- the- espn- ticker- crawl- Brobbins- our- answer- to- warren- fucking- sapp- goes apeshit in Tijuana over maragritas – to get kicked in the teeth by chucky – fuckng bon jovi sucked ass postgame – superblow xxvii- 3 hours of being kicked repeatedly in the balls by a large donkey-unadulterated hell until – tim johnson blocked the punt- ahhhhh fuck it” era – to todays fan friendly Raiders ticket marketing group.
So inspiring has been the change, that we are compelled to go “Oscar Acceptance speech” style, and thank everyone from Al Davis, to Amy Trask on down, for the incredible 180-degree tournaround. Kind of like the Gestapo/OFMA on Prozac (with a clue) now.
Well done Raiders organization!!!
Raiders Tickets, Uncategorized
- todays dirty ashtray award goes to the wunder-mouth Sapp for contending that “Tom Cable couldn’t lead the Raiders to a picnic in his own backyard.” Umm Warren, Cable led them over your Bucs in YOUR backyard last season.
- In his defense, must be nice to get all those Barry Bonds comparisons < Warren Sapp is a Jerk = 46,700 Google results>
- Jekyll meet Hyde: Sapp does blow kisses to Al Davis in the same interview… if only Dancing With The Stars had a ”get on your knees and defend your title” talent component.
- Sunshiney offseason for Donkey WR Brandon Marshall: lost his Pro Bowl QB and ”Rat” coach, had hip surgery (not to be confused with the “falling through the TV set injury” of course) and faces a looming suspension for a recent fight. Oh Yeah, learn a new offense too.
- Glenn Dickey opines that “the Raiders may win the division by default in 2009.” I’m not exactly channeling Tony Robbins at this moment.
- Add Andrew Walters name to the Missing Persons list if you can spell Gradkowski. Lack of confidence or system fit???
- Forgot another “Boom or Bust” 2009 poster child to pair with Pervy Harvin, Darrius Heyward-Bey whom the Raiders just worked out and who Mike Mayock (90-100 in “top 100″ picks last year) has us taking at #7.
Raiders News, Uncategorized
- Beanie blows off Donkeys: R-E-S-P-E-C-T young Joshua, something you actually have to give to get.
- PFT examines Garcia as a backup vis-a-vis starter: Florio zinger ” …the big surprise will be Garcia beating out Russell”
- Shot across the bow from Garcia, or Cable’s dutiful son, you decide… “I don’t think he’s had those types of guys around him to help him push him or help him understand what it takes to be a true professional at this level.”
- Good read on Bush: and another notch on the “Genius” side of the Silver & Black headboard in the nevererending Genius/Supervillian Big Al controversy.
- In regards to Bush… do you think my neighbors thought it weird when I yelled outside Tuesday evening “We’ve got Bush” quite gleefully, but with no particular surprise.
- “Bush and Huggy on the block” a bad name for a boy band, and a worse idea for denizens of the rush happy AFC West.
- Big Al suffers from bouts of pride over purpose (see: Kiffin ’08) as do most born rebels, and I’m cool with that.
Raiders News, Uncategorized